Relocate Your Business
Are operations in your facility getting a little tight? Is your lease coming up for renewal? Do you understand your options? Do you really know whether you need to relocate? Or could you just reconfigure your space?
If you are as confused about relocating, ITAC can help you. We have years of experience planning relocations and plant reconfiguations for NYC manufacturers. If you are willing to plan, you can save a small fortune and increase profitability in the process. Even more so since the introduction of the MoveSmart Program.
MoveSmart, a program funded by the New York City Council, can help you to develop a plan to optimize new real estate. In its three years of funding, this program has already helped over 55 companies to understand their relocation needs and plan accordingly. As part of the MoveSmart program, ITAC developed PlantSmart, a new online tool to help companies make decisions about relocating or reconfiguring their space. (see sidebar)
StayLean is a program that shows you how to streamline and use your current space more efficiently. Together, these programs will help you to maxize your resources.
Move Smart or Stay Lean—the decision is yours
Decisions about changes to your facility are critical to the future of your business. But making them can be difficult, confusing, and overwhelming. Yet the expense of moving or reconfiguring your plant is astronomical and you need to make the best possible decisions you can early enough to reduce the risk of wasted time, money, and effort further down the road. ITAC's MoveSmart/StayLean program includes decision support in addition to project planning.
ITAC can help you to:
- Assess your current space and operations carefully
- Plan your relocation timelines and budgets effectively
- Improve workflow and operations systematically
- Define your space requirements appropriately
- Select your site knowledgeably
- Develop schematic layouts professionally
Which has many benefits:
- Removes stress out of a complex project
- Helps you make the right decision about your space
- Helps you implement those decisions, successfully
- Minimizes down time and disruption of your operations
Even if you do not move, you will have
- Defined your future space needs
- Created a plant layout that improves space utilization and workflow
And, if you do move, you will
- Understand the relocation process, key players and decisions
- Have a plan that includes a schedule, budget, team, and tasks
- Gain access to resources and incentive programs
So...start planning early and make informed decisions
And do not forget to ASK for HELP. We are here to help you navigate the entire process and get the most out of your facility. We can also help you decide about relocation logistics and site evaluation.
ITAC gratefully acknowledges the New York City Council for supporting the production of this robust online tool as part of its MoveSmart Program. Use it to help you decide and plan the space needs for your facility. Compare different scenarios by reviewing timeframe, square footage, location and costs.
A few simple but necessary steps will assure that your future needs for space are adequately met. Special resources can help you address your space requirements purposefully and help you to reduce the risks and costs associated with moving.
A Golden Opportunity
Moving or expanding can be an opportunity to introduce operational improvements such as:
- Better workflow
- Maximal space utilization
- Reduced inventory
- Shortened lead times